Sunrise Optimist Girls Softball offers recreational and competitive fast pitch softball for girls ages 4 to 18 from Wichita Falls and communities in the North Texas area. The league is organized into age divisions of 6U,8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U & 18U. SOGS
A REMINDER THAT PLAYERS CANNOT BE ASSIGNED TO A TEAM WITHOUT PAYMENT OF FEE. ON FEBRUARY 16TH WE WILL BEGIN TO ASSIGN PLAYERS TO ANY TEAM THAT DOES NOT HAVE 12 PLAYERS.THAT MEANS THAT IF YOU ARE A PLAYER GRANDFATHERED TO A TEAM AND YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED OR PAID YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PLACE IN LINE FOR THAT TEAM. PLAYERS WILL BE ASSIGNED IN ORDER OF DATE OF PAYMENT OF FEE TO AVAILABLE OF TEAMS.
The 2020 USA Olympic National Team National Tour will be in Grand Praire on April 21st - 23rd, to play 6 exhibition games at Air Hog Stadium. Click here for more information. As part of our Capital Fund Improvement Drive we will be holding a drawing for 9 sets of 4 tickets for the games on April 21st, starting at 6pm. Tickets may be purchased on-line or in person during the Pre-Season Scrimmages and Opening Day Ceremony. The Drawing will be at noon on opening day. Additionally coaches may earn a ticket for 1 set of 4 tickets by attending our Coaches's Meetings with one ticket per team represented for each coaches meeting attended. These seats are on the 3rd base line between 3rd and home, and are a $100 value. Tickets for the drawing will be $10.00, with a proceeds going to our capital improvement fund. CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE A DRAWING TICKET
FOR 2020 USA SOFTBALL HAS MADE SOME SIGNIFICANT CHANGES IN PLAYING RULES . THOSE CHANGES CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING HERE.
USA HAS MODIFIED THE JO FAST PITCH RULE TO BRING IT INTO AGREEMENT WITH CURRENT HIGH SCHOOL RULES AND NEW NCAA PITCHING RULE. PITCHERS MAY NOW STEP BACK 1 STEP PRIOR AND DURING PITCH WHILE MAINTAINING CONTACT WITH THE RUBBER WITH THEIR PIVOT FOOT. THEY MUST STILL REMAIN WITH THE BALL FOR AT LEAST 1 SECOND AND NO MORE THAN 10 SECONDS BEFORE OR DURING THE PITCH.
AN ILLEGAL PITCH WILL NOW ONLY BE A BALL ON THE BATTER, NO PLAYERS WILL BE ADVANCED ON THE ILLEGAL PITCH UNLESS IT IS 4 BALLS ON THE BATTER.
HELMETS MAY NOT HAVE A MIRROR SURFACE.
THESE RULES WILL BE EFFECT FOR ALL USA PLAY BOTH CHAMPIONSHIP, TOURNAMENT, AND FOR SUNRISE OPTIMIST GIRLS SOFTBALL LEAGUE.
In order to increase participation in the league the Board has made changes in the 2020 Sunrise League Rules and Program. Those changes are in the 2020 League Rules which can be found in the Documents section
1. All team rosters as of end of 2019 Fall Season will be grandfathered. This includes a teams Spring or Fall 2019 roster.
2. As of 2020 any changes to the 2019 roster will be under the 2020 eligibility rules. Teams remain grandfathered as long as they have 5 original rostered players remain. Any new players will be under the 2020 rules. Teams without least 5 players will be considered a new team.
3. New teams may select 5 players from any school attendance zone. Except only 1 player may be a pitcher and Wichita Falls ISD zone players cannot play for a differrent school district unless they live in that district. Remaining players must come from the teams declared school attendance zone or they will be assigned by the league based on proximity to the declared zone.
4. Grandfathered teams attendance zone will be the zone the majority of their players attend school at of 1/1/2020. Addition of players must come from this zone or will be asigned by the league. Registered players will be assigned to the team from teir school zone. If a team does not exisit in that school attendance zone players will be assigned to the nearest team but no guarantee can be made that a team will be available.RETURNING PLAYERS MUST REGISTER BY FEBRUARY 22ND OR THEIR SLOTS WILL BE CONSIDERED OPEN AND PLAYERS WILL BE ASSIGNED. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. PLAYER FEE WILL INCREASE TO $65.00 FOR SPRING DUE TO INCREASED EXPENSES.
6. TEAM SPONSOR FEE WILL INCREASE TO $225 FOR THE SPRING
These changes were made by the Board to try to insure that all players will have a team to play for in league. League is not intended for teams to build teams soley based on performance but meant to be a place for players to develop and increase participation.
THE FOLLOWING SPORTSMANSHIP GUIDELINES HAVE BEEN LISTED ON OUR WEBSITE FOR 2 SEASONS. YOU WILL NOTICE THAT LANGUAGE HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM MAY BE TO WILL BE. THERE WILL NO LONGER BE ANY TOLERANCE FOR UNSPORTSMANSHIP ACTIVITY TOWARD OFFICIALS, STAFF, PLAYERS, FANS OR OTHER COACHES. I WOULD LIKE ALL OF YOU TO REMEMBER THAT CHILDREN OBSERVE THE ACTIONS OF ADULTS AND WE WANT THOSE ACTIONS IN OUR PROGRAM TO CONSTRUCTIVE NOT DESTRUCTIVE.
THE RULES CALL FOR FANS, PLAYERS, AND COACHES TO TREAT UMPIRES, SCOREKEEPERS, LEAGUE OFFICIALS, OTHER FANS, PLAYERS & COACHES WITH PROPER SPORTSMANSHIP AT ALL TIMES. THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN THAT YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH AND YOU MAY NOT LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER FANS, TEAMS AND OFFICIALS. HOWEVER WE EXPECT THAT EVERYONE WILL BE TREATED WITH PROPER SPORTSMANSHIP. FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL RESULT WITH YOU BEING REMOVED FROM THE FACILITY. COACHES OR PLAYERS THAT ARE EJECTED FROM GAMES WILL BE REQUIRED TO APPEAR BEFORE SOGS BOARD TO DETERMINE IF ANY FURTHER ACTION IS REQUIRED. FANS REMOVED FROM A GAME MAY, DEPENDING UPON THE EVENT,WILL BE REQUIRED TO APPEAR BEFORE THE SOGS BOARD TO GAIN ENTRANCE TO FACILITY.
YOUTH SPORTS ARE MEANT TO TEACH SPORTSMANSHIP AND LIFE LESSONS. THIS IS NOT PROFESSIONAL SPORTS AND MISTAKES MAY BE MADE BY OFFICIALS. IT IS NEVER INTENTIONAL.
WE HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A GREAT SEASON AND ENJOY YOUR SELF AT THE BALL PARK
It is our policy to protect the safety of our participants , umpires , and parents at all times. We will postpone, or reschedule game if severe weather is in or will come into the Southwest part of Wichita County . We continuous monitor weather status and weather radar to determine possible severe weather that would affect us. We do not cancel games for a severe weather watch unless storms are developing that would enter our area. We have a Storm Spotter location at the Stadium at the fields and we also rely on their advice.
Please rest assured we will do everything possible to keep everyone safe, however parents are the final judge of their children's safety and should do what they feel is necessary. However, we will not reschedule games unless previous conditions exist.